I grew up here in the Toledo Surrounding Area. I started out my undergrad at the University of Toledo in Nursing. Then changed my major every year, from business then onto education. I was injured in a car accident and didn’t go back to school. I discovered massage therapy and attended Healing Arts in Perrysburg. This is where I learned about 5 Element Acupuncture. I was enthralled. I listened to every word that women said and I thought to myself, I’m going to do that someday.
I practiced massage therapy for 8 years before I made the decision to attend Bastyr University in Seattle, WA. I gave up everything – I sold my practice and almost everything I owned – I took my dogs and shipped a small metal container across the country. I went down the rabbit hole – indeed. I learned TCM and I came back, home. Why, because my family was here and the medicine wasn’t. I felt compelled to represent our community, with this beautiful natural medicine
When I’m not working I’m CEO Mom Boss managing 4 children, with my wonderful husband & dog. In my free time I enjoy riding my bike, gardening, reading, meditation, listening to music, painting, traveling, pilates & learning.
My Training & Awards
- Massage Therapy, Reflexology, & Cranial Sacral Therapy – Healing Arts Institute – Perrysburg, Ohio
- Voted Toledo’s Best LMT 2 Consecutive Years – Toledo City Paper
- BS in Science and MS in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine – Bastyr University, Seattle WA – This is a 4 yr Master’s program with internships in the community, hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics.
- International Study – Completed Intensive Herbal Program – TCM Hospital in Chung Du China
- 5 Element Acupuncture – Lonny Jarrett
- Balance Method, Core, & Master Class – The Academy of Acupuncture
- Voted Toledo’s Best Acupuncturist 3 Consecutive Years – Toledo City Paper
- Business & Herbs Instructor – Elotus
- Guest Speaker – Women & Business Course – Bowling Green State University